Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Could I Borrow Your Eyeliner? I Used All of Mine.

If you've checked out my list of thankful things just over to the right of this post, you've seen the reference to the "vintage" photos of me that a friend posted on Facebook.  I actually am thankful for them.  They brought back so many fun memories of a younger, care-free me.  Not that the older, care-full me is bad.  I like me now better than I liked myself then, you know teenage angst and all.  But these pictures captured some pretty silly, joyous moments and none of that pubescent perturbation (NOT what you think.  Look it up, weirdo) was peaking through.

Like this one for instance...

This is clearly the image of a self-assured woman-to-be, not a self-conscious woman-child. Confidence actually jumps out of the photo, as does my hair.

And then, let's not forget this little gem...


This was after a long day of clarinet sectionals and marching drills at band camp. What young girl wouldn't need to express her joy of a day well spent than to fling her body, Nestea-plunge style on the twin bed of her dorm room whilst wearing an all too stylish headband?

And my personal favorite...

The dramatic high school parking lot makeup application shot. Everything was perfect...my bow, the height of my hair, all I needed was just a little more eye makeup. This conjures feelings I haven't felt since I last watched "The Breakfast Club". Gotta love the 80's.

If you'll stop laughing at these pictures for a moment, I'll get back to the point of this post...my thankfulness about these pictures. I am thankful that I can laugh at myself. And now you can get back to laughing at me too!

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful that you have photos like that of yourself because I have photos like that of myself! Makes me feel less alone☺

    ReplyDelete

Whaddaya think about that?